College of Justice and Safety Diversity Office
The College of Justice and Safety Diversity Office supports the mission of Eastern Kentucky University in being a model for inclusive excellence. Our primary goal is to ensure access, opportunities, and success for everyone in the College of Justice & Safety. We believe inclusive excellence leads to academic excellence.
By focusing on our similarities we can build bridges of communication leading to more understanding and valuing of our differences. We recognize that a diverse community promotes equity through respect for, and opportunities to learn from people with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Please use this site to find support and resources on diversity, equity, and inclusion at Eastern Kentucky University.
Our Goals Are:
· Enrich the CJS community with intercultural experiences
· Facilitate campus-wide interaction to build collaborative partnerships to advance diversity and inclusion
· Develop and implement opportunities that cultivate and sustain a supportive and inclusive campus community.
Our Programs and Services Are:
· Mentoring for Faculty, Staff, and Students
· Cultural Competence Workshops for Faculty, Staff, and Students
· Community Outreach
· Coordinate Diversity Speaker Series
· Organize Diversity Programs