Joseph Famularo Scholarship
Joseph L. Famularo spent his life dedicated to the advancement of law enforcement. This special scholarship was established as a memorial to Joseph L. Famularo to recognize excellence and dedication of a junior or senior student seeking a degree in the areas of Criminal Justice or Police Studies. For more information about the College of Justice & Safety Joseph Famularo academic scholarship, contact the College’s Scholarship Coordinator at 859.622.3565 or email Janice.Marcum@eku.edu.
- Major in Criminal Justice or Police Studies
- Junior Standing
- A 3.7 GPA for the first two years of undergraduate study
Richard Washburn Scholarship
This is a one-time scholarship awarded once per year.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in the Fire Protection Administration bachelor's degree program at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Have demonstrated participation and achievement in the fire and emergency services, which can include, but is not limited to: the volunteer fire service, rescue services, emergency medical services, industrial emergency response, fire and emergency services training, or other similar service. The participation in the emergency services can be as a result of participation in an Explorer or other similar program, participation in emergency services related cooperative education placement, or similar emergency services placements that the committee judges to meet the intent of the requirement.
- Provide scholarship committee proof of participation and achievement in the fire and emergency services. This requirement can be completed by providing copies of certificates, portfolios, completion of a resume, or any other documentation that would be helpful to the committee in determining the applicant's qualification for this scholarship.
- Obtain three letters of recommendation.
- Complete an application cover letter outlining future career goals, current emergency services participation and any qualifications that would be considered appropriate for this scholarship.
Questions concerning the Richard Washbrun Scholarship application procedures should be directed to Mary Baldwin at (859) 622-1009 or Mary.Baldwin@eku.edu
Arthur Glatfelter Scholarship
Recipients of the Glatfelter scholarship can receive it for up to eight semesters.
- Majoring in a fire and safety degree program with a commitment to Fire and Emergency Services or Loss Control/Loss Prevention professions as a career or vocation.
- A commitment to scholastic achievement.
- Incoming freshman students must have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher. The applicant's pre-college entrance exam scores and graduating class rank will also be considered.
- Transfer students must have a transfer GPA of 2.75 or higher. If the applicant is a transfer from a "fire science" curriculum, they must have a 3.0 or higher GPA in major courses. The applicant's pre-college entrance exam scores and graduating class rank will also be considered.
- Current EKU students must have a current GPA of 2.75 or higher. Must also be active in the fire science student organizations.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at EKU.
Questions concerning the Arthur Glatfelter Scholarship should be directed to Mary Baldwin at 859-622-1009 or Mary.Baldwin@eku.edu.