The College of Justice, Safety & Military Science, Advising Center, at Eastern Kentucky University is committed to fostering student success through intentional advising and collaborative relationships within the university community. We strive to develop meaningful educational plans that correlate to students’ values, abilities and life goals.
WHO IS MY ADVISOR?
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor. This person may be a faculty member or a full-time advisor. Your academic advisor’s contact information can be found in EKU Student Information in EKUDirect. To check to see who your advisor is:
- Login to EKUDirect
- Student Services & Financial Aid
- Student Records
- EKU Student Information
You can also find your advisor and e-mail them directly from DegreeWorks.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
The College of Justice, Safety & Military Science advising team will be using a new scheduling system to schedule appointments for fall 2022 course advising. Please use the appropriate link to schedule an appointment with your advisor. Please check degreeworks to schedule with the correct advisor that you are assigned.
If you are not a justice and safety major, you can schedule with any advisor that is listed and they will be able to help you with changing your major and course suggestions for fall 2022.
During the summer months please email email@example.com for any advising questions. Individual advisor calendars will open again in the fall.
The Advising Center in the College of Justice, Safety & Military Science at Eastern Kentucky University aspires to be a nationally recognized model of excellence in holistic academic advising.
The College of Justice, Safety & Military Science Advising Center at Eastern Kentucky University is committed to fostering student success through intentional advising and collaborative relationships within the university community. We will partner with students to mutually develop individual educational plans that correlate to their values, strengths and life goals.
- To provide accurate and current information regarding institutional policies, procedures and resources.
- Assist students in establishing and evaluating academic and personal goals
- Promote the shared responsibility of academic advising between students and advisor.
- Work in partnership with campus community to promote student success.
- Teach students to become engaged, self-directed learners and competent decision makers.
- Present at regional or national conference/Publish in journal or other scholarly work.
- To evaluate and assess our programs and services.
College of Justice, Safety & Military Science
Atten: Academic and Advising Center
260 Stratton Building
Eastern Kentucky University
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475
Early/Late Hours Available on Request