EKU awards numerous scholarships based on academic merit, special talents or accomplishments, and need. Eligibility for need-based scholarships and other forms of assistance is determined by your family’s income and whether other family members are also attending a postsecondary institution.
Joseph Famularo Scholarship
Joseph L. Famularo spent his life dedicated to the advancement of law enforcement. This special scholarship was established as a memorial to Joseph L. Famularo to recognize excellence and dedication of a junior or senior student seeking a degree in the areas of Criminal Justice or Police Studies
- Major in Criminal Justice or Police Studies
- Junior Standing
- A 3.7 GPA for the first two years of undergraduate study
Download Joseph Famularo Scholarship Application
Richard Washburn Scholarship
This is a one-time scholarship awarded once per year.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in the Fire Protection Administration bachelor's degree program at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Have demonstrated participation and achievement in the fire and emergency services, which can include, but is not limited to: the volunteer fire service, rescue services, emergency medical services, industrial emergency response, fire and emergency services training, or other similar service. The participation in the emergency services can be as a result of participation in an Explorer or other similar program, participation in emergency services related cooperative education placement, or similar emergency services placements that the committee judges to meet the intent of the requirement.
- Provide scholarship committee proof of participation and achievement in the fire and emergency services. This requirement can be completed by providing copies of certificates, portfolios, completion of a resume, or any other documentation that would be helpful to the committee in determining the applicant's qualification for this scholarship.
- Obtain three letters of recommendation.
- Complete an application cover letter outlining future career goals, current emergency services participation and any qualifications that would be considered appropriate for this scholarship.
Questions concerning the Richard Washburn Scholarship application procedures should be directed to Tiffany Cole at (859) 622-1051 or Tiffany.Cole@eku.edu
You can also find information about other scholarships available to EKU students on the EKU Financial Aid web page.